Saturday, December 6, 2014

Decisions.. Decisions...

     Since I have began my journey of looking over different Social Working masters programs it has became very overwhelming. It's definitely a big decision. It's a lot of money and dedication. A couple years ago I thought I would be happy with just receiving my BA but these days it seems like that's not enough for me to be as successful as I want. I always wanted to go to USC. It was like my goal in life. But finically and realistically it just doesn't seem like that will happen. After looking into the program I can see it is a great program but it is so expensive and I don't want to be collecting so many loans and be in so much debt. I have a really close friend that is in USC Social Working program and she tells me a lot about her experience and she really enjoys it and it makes me want to go there even more.
     Since I am already a student at CSULB I looked into their masters program and it was so much cheaper but I don't want to go there because it's "cheaper" I want to actually enjoy the program. It sucks when you have your mind set on something and having to settle for something else. I know at the end of the day I will still have a masters degree which is the most important part.
     I recently went to the CSULB Social Worker masters program information meetings and I really put me in a space to decide what I really want. The program is intense. I feel like I wouldn't have a life outside of school and working will be hard to do.I just really have to take the time and figure out what is best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment